[DeTomaso] Pantera down

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Wed Oct 27 18:14:03 EDT 2021

We get it, under 2 minutes is a great time

From: Steve Lisa <stevelisa at patentit.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 at 2:37 PM
To: Larry Stock <larrys at panteraparts.com>
Cc: List DeTomaso Forum <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera down

I meant to say 1:58.3 lap time ....not 158.3

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021, 17:10 Steve Lisa <stevelisa at patentit.com> wrote:

I am not sure....we had a spike in oil pressure that made us think it was a rod bearing...but it was only a few seconds then stabilized for a few laps.  Then, we blew up next session with a rod cap sticking out the pan. So, we thing we started with a main going bad that vibrated the rod end bolt out.  In the meantime, the  Panoz turned it's fasted lap yet at Daytona 158.3 with 178 top speed.  So we are focused in it now.  We are just going to wait til we get home to diagnose the issue with Pantera.

Frankly, we had a crap motor builder for a while, and this Clevor bottom end was built by him.  We had it "looked at" by our current motor builder while our true Cleveland race motor was getting built, and he freshened the top end but not the bottom which he held his nose for.  So this is the last of our crap from that old builder, and it went out with a bang.

I am pissed , but that is racing and we have another car to focus on and a reason to get the proper Cleveland and exhaust in.

By the way, the Pantera was a crowd pleaser and handling quite well.  What a shame.