[DeTomaso] Looking for great substitute lights

Chuck and Linda Huber lindahuber at cox.net
Sat Oct 23 16:09:34 EDT 2021

I published an article about this in the POCA Newsletter (July or Sept 2020).

Best Value in a Semi-Sealed Beam Halogen 7” Headlight
-	Chuck Huber (Pantera Owner’s Club of Arizona)

I had been browsing the Interwebs in search of a good replacement for my stock 7” round Sylvania Silverstar headlights.  It’s a long story, but as my headlights are only used at night, I didn’t feel the need to go with one of the low-profile offerings because they require modifications to the headlight buckets.

While researching similar lights for my 1974 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40, I came upon this “Headlight Retrofit ‘Kit’”, with a Toyota stock number.  This kit is a 7”, Toyota OEM glass light housing with a Halogen H4 replaceable light element.  Included in this kit are:

	Qty	Item		Description
	2	Bulb Housing	Glass (Front & Back) With Reflector & Rubber Bulb Seal
	2	H4 Bulbs	Removable H4 Halogen Bulb Element
	20	Tie Wraps	High Quality for Harness Install
	1 Tube	Grease		Di-Electric Grease
	1	Harness	Uses Voltage to Existing Bulbs to control Relays for High Effective Power.

The Toyota Kit Part Number is 81110-60P70.  The most amazing part of this is the price for the complete kit (ALL parts listed above included) was only $46.57.  With shipping and tax, my total was just shy of $70.  This is a stunning value, especially when you see the quality of the bulb housings, and harness / relay wiring.  Everything I received is genuine Toyota quality.  You can order the setup from:

	www.camelbacktoyotaparts.com

Not sue the link works, but there are lots of other places & dealers you can order this from.  The Bulbs are Koito.

Chuck