[DeTomaso] Looking for great substitute lights

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 03:36:51 EDT 2021

Cibie Z-beams are what I have in all my cars and I love them.

Relays are really necessary if you are to avoid sizzling your headlight switch due to the increased current draw.

I got mine from here:

http://www.talbotco.com/cibie_main_frameset.htm

I have heard people criticize their quality, but I’m calling BS on that. I have recently purchased a replacement light (picked up a stone and shattered a lens) and the new ones were great. I think this company has an exclusive distributorship so there may be some sour grapes involved with the critiques.

Having said all that, the new thing is LED lights. Some might be great, most are cheap Chinese junk and are reportedly terrible. So shop cautiously. Good LED lights are probably superior to Halogens, plus require no rewiring. But most are grossly i fervor, apparently….

Mike

Sent from my iPad