[DeTomaso] Looking for great substitute lights

Fred Foreman fred4man at att.net
Thu Oct 21 13:07:31 EDT 2021

I would suggest Ciebe 7" headlight housing.  They fit like a stock headlight
and use the same electrical plug.  You can put an H-4 bulb in them at stock
wattage 55/65.  They have a nice pattern and sharp cut off, that is, they
don't throw light up high when on low beams.  You get a nice penetrating
pattern on high beam.  I like them on my car.

H-4's also give you the opportunity to up-grade to higher wattage bulbs by
simply changing out the bulb not the entire housing.  You can get 55/100
watt bulbs (and several other options) for a really penetrating HI HI beam!
Yes, you would need a relay on the high circuit for that bulb and probably
use a ceramic electrical connector.  I have not tried the 100 watt highs on
my car.

Fred Foreman

11659 Jones Rd.  #370

Houston, Tx, 77070