[DeTomaso] Looking for great substitute lights

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 17:16:25 EDT 2021

Hi Steve,
Here are my thoughts/recommendations...
I put a pair of Vintage LED's headlights into my Pantera.  They work great and deliver clear crisp white light.I went with their VC5000 ULTIMATE 7 INCH LED HEADLIGHT KIT with 6k pure white light and the German Hella H4 lens upgrade. They work quite well!
https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/7-inch/vc5000-ultimate-7-inch-kit/

I used to have Cibié H4 headlamps in my Mustang and LOVED them!  When recently looking for another set I found that Daniel Stern Lighting (which used to sell them) now recommends Koito H4 headlamps.
Another option if you want to stay more traditional is to go with Koito H4 headlamps (7 inch round) from Daniel Stern Lighting.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

Daniel Stern recommends these Koito headlights over the former Cibié H4 headlamps for the following reasons... Cibié H4 headlamps were in production for many years, and the tooling (for the large and small round H4 lamps, in particular) was allowed to grow decrepit. Once the tooling wore out so completely that a plausible proportion of these lamps couldn't be squeaked past conformity-of-production testing, they were discontinued. It's a bit of a sad end to a storied brand, but don't fret: compared to the Cibiés even before their downward skid, the Koito large and small round H4/H1 lamps on this page are superior. The Koitos are more efficient (more light on the road), better focused (more useful distribution of light), and better-built (sturdier glass and metal materials, more careful build quality).

Good luck, and let us know which way you go!

Cheers!
Garth