[DeTomaso] intake maifold for throttle body injection

Richard Greenblum richard at richardgreenblum.com
Thu Oct 14 17:11:29 EDT 2021

As I mentioned before to JF and Gudmund, some of the MSD boxes have a "tach sweep" function and for reasons way over my head, the Sniper reads the high RPM in the sweep as the initial idle setting, so it pumps enough fuel for the 7,000 to 9,000 rpm at engine start.  That's what we think happened with mine on the dyno.  Fortunately, my engine builder thought the better of starting with the Sniper and broke the engine in with his dyno carb and also captured a base line for comparison.  Unfortunately, he couldn't ever get the Sniper to work properly and we didn't find out about the tach sweep issue until the motor was in my garage.

I'm convinced, but won't know for sure until I get the motor back in the car, that correcting for the tach sweep and having milled a half inch off of the plenum divider, the Sniper will run just fine.

Richard
Austin, TX