[DeTomaso] Pictures of blown clutch from Portland

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Tue Oct 12 10:40:34 EDT 2021

Wow, lots of great advice here -- both publicly and privately.

I was at the shop last night, and after reading the 30 or so emails on how
to get the trans pulled, we are definitely going to redo the rear of the
trans mounting.

After Daytona, we will be pulling the Clevor and reinstalling the Cleveland
('69-'70 Trans Am spec build), and making the Quaife work (we hope).  That
will be the right time to modify the mounts to allow easy access for each
of the setups.  I will keep you all posted and send pics when I am done.

In the meantime, I have included a link to pics of Niko, the likely future
owner of the Pantera (hopefully, not too soon!!!), along with the handy
engine puller KC made.  This puller has some brackets that can be removed
for lifting the Cleveland vs the CLEVOR, and it makes the angle/balancing
easier to not ding up our engine bay.  [Steven -- you may be interested in
one of these.  KC can make one up if you want.]

   - https://photos.app.goo.gl/GvmVTRL8wQ3MumLz6

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
*The Law Offices of Lisa & Lesko, LLC*
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 480-442-0297

www.PatentIt.com <http://www.patentit.com/>

*Scottsdale Office* | *P*: 480.535.6656  |  *F:* 480.535.6628  |  *A:* 7689
East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

*Chicago Office *|* P:* 312.752.4357  |  *F:* 312.896.5633  |  *A:* 55 E.
Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
This email is intended only for the recipient above and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 5:51 PM B Hower <b.hower3400 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I second you last choice [image: Emoji]
>

> Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )
>

> On Monday, October 11, 2021, 6:13:08 PM CDT, Larry Stock <
> larrys at panteraparts.com> wrote:
>

>   You can bend the tabs back, but I prefer to lift the tail of the
>   engine, or loosen the engine mounts if too tight and carefully jack up
>   the rear of the oil pan to increase the pull angle clearance over the
>   transaxle mounting tabs.
>
>   Larry
>

>   From: Steve Lisa <stevelisa at patentit.com>
>   Date: Monday, October 11, 2021 at 4:06 PM
>   To: Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
>   Cc: Larry Stock <larrys at panteraparts.com>, Asa Jay Laughton
>   <asajay at asajay.com>, List DeTomaso Forum
>   <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
>   Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pictures of blown clutch from Portland
>

>   So, another issue we thought of was that, with the tranny mounts as
>   they are, we would not be able to lift the transaxle enough (given the
>   input shaft) to clear the tranny mounts without also unbolting and
>   lifting the motor.  But, I am guessing you all have not had an issue
>   with that?
>

>   Regards,
>
>   Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
>
>   The Law Offices of Lisa & Lesko, LLC
>
>   Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
>
>   Direct: 480-442-0297
>

>   [1]www.PatentIt.com
>

>   Scottsdale Office | P: 480.535.6656  |  F: 480.535.6628  |  A: 7689
>   East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
>
>   Chicago Office | P: 312.752.4357  |  F: 312.896.5633  |  A: 55 E.
>   Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
>
>   This email is intended only for the recipient above and may contain
>   confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
>   error please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank
>   you.
>

>   On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 4:02 PM Julian Kift
>   <[2]julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>   If not already installed, you might want to put the short hose to the
>   filter on a swivel fitting to avoid stressing the hose. Alternatively,
>   you could install a no leak quick disconnect fitting to separate that
>   line.
>

>   Julian
>
>   _______________________________________________________________________

-------------- next part --------------
   Wow, lots of great advice here -- both publicly and privately.A A
   I was at the shop last night, and after reading the 30 or so emails on
   how to get the trans pulled, we are definitely going to redo the rear
   of the trans mounting.A A
   After Daytona, we will be pulling the Clevor and reinstalling the
   Cleveland ('69-'70 Trans Am spec build), and making the Quaife work (we
   hope).A  That will be the right time to modify the mounts to allow easy
   access for each of the setups.A  I will keep you all posted and send
   pics when I am done.A  A
   In the meantime, I have included a link to pics of Niko, the likely
   future owner of the Pantera (hopefully, not too soon!!!), along with
   the handy engine puller KC made.A  This puller has some brackets that
   can be removed for lifting the Cleveland vs the CLEVOR, and it makes
   the angle/balancing easier to not ding up our engine bay.A  [Steven --
   you may be interested in one of these.A  KC can make one up if you
   want.]A A
     * [1]https://photos.app.goo.gl/GvmVTRL8wQ3MumLz6A

   [2]www.PatentIt.com

   On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 5:51 PM B Hower <[3]b.hower3400 at yahoo.com>