[DeTomaso] Pictures of blown clutch from Portland

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 19:46:16 EDT 2021

While out, remove the 3 studs each side that hold the transaxle mounts to the transaxle and replace them with metric socket head bolts, then you can simply unbolt the mounts from the transaxle and no tabs to overcome, that is the way my race car is setup. A little jack pressure under the rear of the engine is still beneficial to help clear the rear valance as you pull the transaxle back from the block.

The later (9000 series) cars had no tabs and used a removable mount, my '81 GT5 is that way and I think a couple folks have retrofitted that idea. I have also seen where the rear most tab is removed and a removeable bolt in one added by extending down to the cross member.

Julian