[DeTomaso] Seat Track Rebuild Kits or Alternative Seat Tracks

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 17:21:41 EDT 2021

Mike,

Clean up and salvage your existing seat tracks. Save the vendor tracks for people who aren’t fortunate enough to have any.

You can strip them to bare metal and paint them to preserve them. The stock plastic wheels are junk and are probably square now. Carefully bend the retaining tabs down and separate the two halves of the track assemblies and replace the wheels. Hall sells metal wheels which work great but make an annoying clacking sound unless you drill a hole through the center and equip them with a small spring.  Larry Stock (plastics is my middle name) sells stock-style plastic rollers. I would hope they have greater longevity than the original ones?

Cheers!

Mike

Sent from my iPad