[DeTomaso] Seat Track Rebuild Kits or Alternative Seat Tracks

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:12:49 EDT 2021

Does anyone carry a rebuild kit for the stock Pantera seat tracks and a
rebuild procedure?  Conversely, has anyone sourced seat tracks from a
different manufacturer for retrofit onto the Pantera?

I have the seat tracks out of 6328 and due to the repeated moisture I
managed to have in the cabin, the bottoms of the tracks are pretty rusty and
I know the rollers inside have to be pretty well trashed.  I'd like to stay
with stock seat tracks as I've just finished drilling holes in my new
dropped floor pans based on the stock track length.  New seat tracks are
available through one of our vendors but I'll end up paying about $600 to
replace all four, a bit too pricey at this point.

6328's restoration is coming along nicely.  Finding a good bit of rust in
the rockers and at the bottom of the rear suspension towers, among other
chassis-area things.  Front cross member/radiator support box is done and
new lower valence (ala Johnny Woods) is installed.  Passengers side done,
now working through the driver's side rocker.  A few other things then we'll
epoxy and paint the bottom and put her on a dolly to work the body and
interior.

Thanks in advance:

Mike Thomas

Panteras Northwest