[DeTomaso] trailer width

Christopher Kimball ChrisVKimball at msn.com
Thu Nov 18 14:15:24 EST 2021

Hi Mike,

I spoke with a new Pantera owner who owns Gene's towing (a local towing company), and he offered to transport my car at a very reasonable price, but I don't think that was an enclosed trailer.  A good friend of mine has a race car and an enclosed trailer, and he offered to loan me the trailer for free but it sounds as if it doesn't have the side doors you mentioned.

Sincerely,

Chris

Chris, most or at least many enclosed car trailers have a side door that allows you to fully open the car door to get out and also makes tying down the car easier.  You might want to look at hiring a transport company unless you already know someone who can help you.

I have a question for the group:  If I were to transport my Pantera (which is in the shop 3 hours away right now so I can't measure it) in an enclosed trailer, what is the width necessary inside the trailer so I could get out of the car once it's in the trailer?  I'm 6' 1" and 215, so that would have to be a consideration...😅

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Chris