[DeTomaso] Looking for great substitute lights

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Tue Nov 16 13:26:51 EST 2021

 If I recall correctly it is a 164 tooth.
    On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 02:16:34 PM PDT, Garth Rodericks via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

   Hi Steve,
  Here are my thoughts/recommendations...
  I put a pair of Vintage LED's headlights into my Pantera.  They work
  great and deliver clear crisp white light.
  I went with their VC5000 ULTIMATE 7 INCH LED HEADLIGHT KIT with 6k pure
  white light and the German Hella H4 lens upgrade. They work quite well!
  [1]https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/7-inch/vc5000-ultimate-7-inch-kit/
  I used to have CibiA(c) H4 headlamps in my Mustang and LOVED them!
  When recently looking for another set I found that Daniel Stern
  Lighting (which used to sell them) now recommends Koito H4 headlamps.
  Another option if you want to stay more traditional is to go with Koito
  H4 headlamps (7 inch round) from Daniel Stern Lighting.
  [2]https://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html
  Daniel Stern recommends these Koito headlights over the former CibiA(c)
  H4 headlamps for the following reasons...
  CibiA(c) H4 headlamps were in production for many years, and the
  tooling (for the large and small round H4 lamps, in particular) was
  allowed to grow decrepit. Once the tooling wore out so completely that
  a plausible proportion of these lamps couldn't be squeaked past
  conformity-of-production testing, they were discontinued. It's a bit of
  a sad end to a storied brand, but don't fret: compared to the CibiA(c)s
  even before their downward skid, the Koito large and small round H4/H1
  lamps on this page are superior. The Koitos are more efficient (more
  light on the road), better focused (more useful distribution of light),
  and better-built (sturdier glass and metal materials, more careful
  build quality).
  Good luck, and let us know which way you go!
  Cheers!
  Garth