[DeTomaso] Nice Looking 72 on ebay

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 5 23:04:58 EDT 2021

Mike...everyone knows Sex and Pretty Girls sell! Lol Maybe hoping for a Non Pantera Buyer or someone that doesn't care about Bumpers? Or doesn't know the difference? But, it does may One Wonder?

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 7:28 PM, Mike Drew via DeTomaso<detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:   Mark,

I finally got to see the pics on the iPad and you’re right! Front and rear bumpers are the same.

However something decidedly odd is going on here. This car has 1971 bumpers, 1971 seats, 1971 dash and in all respects appears to be a late 1971 or early 1972 car, apart from the ribbed decklid.  The missing ‘pull for air’ knob suggests it’s a Jan or Feb 1972 car in the 20xx or 22xx serial number range, or in that neighborhood. The purported VIN is for a much later car however.

Very strange…flashing yellow light!  Putting a hot chick in the photos seems a bit contrived, almost like they are hoping we won’t notice the many irregularities?

Mike

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 05:21, MARK CHARLTON <pantera01826 at rogers.com> wrote:
>
> What makes those bumpers mismatched Mike? They are both square-end and seem identical to my ’71 except not chromed.
>
> But I’m always wary when someone puts a distracting blonde in sales photos.
>
> Mark Charlton
> pantera01826 at rogers.com
>

>> On Nov 5, 2021, at 6:59 AM, MICHAEL DREW via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. It has 1971 rear bumpers. Mismatched bumpers are often evidence of an accident but there could be another explanation?
>>
>> It also has 1971 seats. Odd.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>>>   [1]1972 Ford Pantera | eBay
>>> $132000.00
>>>
>>>                              [ebay.png]
>>>
>>>                        1972 Ford Pantera | eBay
>>>
>>> This 1972 Pantera DeTomaso is really nice it runs and drives great and
>>>              everything works as it should. 419-344-53...
>>>
>>> References
>>>
>>> Visible links
>>> 1. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224676380612
>>>
>>> Hidden links:
>>> 3. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224676380612
>>>
>>> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.
>>>
>>> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

>> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

   Mike...everyone knows Sex and Pretty Girls sell! Lol Maybe hoping for a
   Non Pantera Buyer or someone that doesn't care about Bumpers? Or
   doesn't know the difference? But, it does may One Wonder?

   [1]Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

   On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 7:28 PM, Mike Drew via DeTomaso