[DeTomaso] Intake carb base question.

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Mon May 10 00:30:51 EDT 2021

 On mine I just clamped the manifold onto the table of the mill and milled from the low edge to the back. I then drilled out the mounting stud holes and tapped for a 1/4" pipe thread. Screwed in solid brass pipe plugs and milled to match the intake surface then drilled and tapped 5/16" coarse threads for the studs. Use a carb base gasket to locate hole centers. No need to take any measurements in the car but be sure to check clearance for the throttle linkage, may have to mill a notch on driver side to get clearance depending on what manifold you start with.