[DeTomaso] [EXTERNAL] Re: Dennis A vidio

Himes, Terry (US 397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 15 23:48:58 EDT 2021

Soooo very painful to watch.

I think we all might have car fire stories. Not Pantera one's, but still scary.  We should all recount them here.

Here's mine.
I borrowed a customer's (In Tampa, FLA)  salesman's car that just came back from the garage for the weekend. Sunday
I was coming back across the Tampa Bay bridge and had to make it to the airport. It started overheating bad, I put it into
neutral to try to coast down the backside of the bridge to see if it would cool off. It didn't, and white smoke started coming
out of the hood. I parked on the side when I was available and the smoke turned black. Long story short... became fully
engulfed in flames. All 8 lanes of the highway was blocked, fire engines, news helicopters, cops.

More to this 2 beer story... but when I eventually got to the airport, I had to call my customer (Bud Churry) and let
him know I couldn't drop off the car.   __

More stories?

Terry

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Deep Space Exploration – Mission Operations

Psyche
Europa Lander Science Support Team
Odyssey Sequence Team
TGO Sequence Lead