[DeTomaso] Wanted: inner telescopic steering shaft

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 11:41:28 EST 2021

Yesterday I was assembling my car parts and noticed that the telescopic
shafts have maybe 1/2" of overlap between the two when the steering column
is bolted to the body bracket, and there is only one nylon clip and groove
on the inner, male telescopic steering shaft. I started looking at the
parts book and online photos of steering slop reduction methods, and
quickly realized I have the wrong inner shaft. I was concerned since the
inner male shaft doesn't engage completely with the female slip shaft
portion, and although it's annoying that a part I have doesn't fit, it's on
par with my overall experience working on stuff for this car. Does anyone
have an inner, male telescopic shaft lying around that I could purchase?

Corey