[DeTomaso] Hood latch cable routing

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 19:19:18 EDT 2021

Mike,

Did you ever get an answer to this query?

Here is a pic of my car:

My cable still is covered with primer from when the car was painted in 1994. It passes through a clamp on the body (hidden by the weatherstripping) in the center, where the cable isn’t visible, before making a turn and entering the cabin.

The emergency cable is directly behind and parallel to the primary, hidden from view as a result. Some people route the emergency cable differently, through a small hole in the side of the box that supports the pedal bracket.  That’s probably a smarter way to do it. That’s how the TSB described it:

Mike

Sent from my iPad