[DeTomaso] "Interesting" P on eBay

MARK CHARLTON pantera01826 at rogers.com
Mon Jul 19 11:41:14 EDT 2021

Jerry,

I love your comments. And agree of course.

A couple weeks ago I inspected 6 DeTomasos for sale. ALL were ridiculously over-priced, and NONE had run in 20+ years.

One car was a Series 2 Deaville that was so comprehensively rusted out (and I mean everywhere) it could not possibly be repaired for much less than $100K. The asking price was well over $20K. I tried to explain to the seller that almost every Deauville I have ever seen is for sale, and while asking prices seem respectably “high” so as to convey “worth”, NONE are selling. Because there are virtually zero reference sales, few people really know what a good one is ACTUALLY worth. He wasn’t happy when I said that even as a parts car is didn’t have much value because how many people are in need of one.

Crazy world.

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com