[DeTomaso] (DeTomaso) Gentlepeople of a Certain Age and Flexibility

Jack Dunn,111 po917k at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 4 16:28:47 EDT 2021

I agree that a steering wheel quick disconnect aids Pantera ingress and egress.

I like race style suede Momo wheels, and I don’t like any play in the disconnect mechanism, so I used the SPA Design F1 disconnect. It is compact, light, and has zero play. It is a F1 quality part, but I just looked and they are $500 now, which is crazy for a street car. (I bought mine, a lightly used one, from a racing buddy years ago for $100, iirc).

I see that Pegasus Racing also has an AL economy quick disconnect for about $20 that looks promising, and they offer an adapter for non race steering wheels that many like. However, like mine, it requires welding onto the Pantera steering shaft. If interested, I suggest calling Pegasus and asking about this adapter, specifically if there is any play. (If you don’t mind a bit of play, multiple quick disconnect adapters are available at low cost from stock car parts suppliers).

Jack

Sent from my iPhone