[DeTomaso] Strange electrical - instrument / dash light problem

MICHAEL DREW mikeldrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 1 15:02:05 EDT 2021

Dave,

Since electricity is black magic to me I forwarded your query to Bill Taylor, the acknowledged authority on such matters. He simply responded:

Mike,
Car must have been rewired so dash lights are off in Hi-Beam mode.

SOBill

——-

Dave—you didn’t say if the lights were working normally before and something suddenly changed, but assuming that is not the case, then yes, it appears somebody has messed with your wiring for some odd reason.

Hooray.

Here is a test—do your dash lights work when you move the headlight switch to the first position? They should. If they do not, then it’s likely that somebody has chosen to power the interior lights from the output side of the high/low switch (low side) instead of from the appropriate tab on the headlight switch?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone