[DeTomaso] Stripped Heli coils in Fontana Block

Steven Edwards gsedwards at cox.net
Sat Jan 30 11:53:01 EST 2021

Need ideas as to how to repair, if I can, stripped Helicoils in an aluminum block.
I have two ½’ main studs that did not torque in a Fontana block.
I pulled the studs to find that the Helicoils were being pulled up, and stripping the aluminum threads.
Can I repair these Helicoil threads? Any ideas?
I Googled it several times, and all that comes up is how to install the Helicoils in aluminum. Not how to repair the Helicoil threads.
 Thanks

Steven Edwards