[DeTomaso] Clutch Slave Cylinder "Bell Crank"

Frank Lisi fjlisi at mediacombb.net
Thu Jan 21 12:09:22 EST 2021

Hi All,

My question - can anyone provide guidance on the correct position of the bell crank (according to the TSB article 88 it is called the release lever on the cross shaft, it is part 7515 throw out bearing lever)?

I needed to replace the slave cylinder and wanted to make sure that I set it up correctly.  I read all that I found on setting up the slave cylinder, but have not found any clear description on the bell crank’s correct position with reference to the slave cylinder.  I set the push rod to the length as indicated in article 88, however I am not sure that the lever is in the correct position.

Unfortunately I do not know the manufacturer or specification of the clutch, I have not changed it since I purchased the car and it appears to be in good working order.

Any guidance is greatly apricated.

Frank Lisi

#06228