[DeTomaso] NPC: Maserati Kyalami - Rebadged/Repowered Longchamp?

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Thu Jan 14 17:31:23 EST 2021

They all went to the same Bars and restaurants in town

On 1/14/21, 12:53 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Larry Weston" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of lplugw at hotmail.com> wrote:

       I have a Maserati Quattroport front suspension assembly. I acquired it
       to look at swapping the 1.25" thick Maser rotors and calipers onto my
       Pantera. It is amazing how very similar it is to the Pantera
       suspension. Obviously designed by the same person(s). Several small
       differences made the swap impractical, the weight (65 lbs!) also being
       a major consideration.

       I didn't recall anything special about the upper ball joints but I
       thought I'd take another look for these 'toothed' retainers and see if
       I might retrofit them to my Pantera.

       I can be see without any doubt that both the top and bottom ball joints
       are identical between the Maser and the DeTomaso, including the means
       of clamping the top ball joint. There are no 'teeth' on the Maserati
       assembly, lots of shims notched for easy installation, but otherwise
       camber is maintained the same way on each.