[DeTomaso] Anyone of 6ft 4 in a Pantera ?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:01:31 EST 2021

The tallest owner I know of is probably Mark McWhinney, he's something like 6'7" and makes it work with a foam seat, although I'm not sure if he has dropped floor pans. I'm 6'1" and did similar in my first GT40, the Superformance seats I used were just dense foam covered in leather placed on the floor.

People can be tall in differing ways e.g. torso or long legs. It predominantly comes down to seat choice, degree of padding your butt favors and whether you want any adjustability for other drivers vs. fixed. The Corvette C4/C5 seats are low profile and frames can be bolted directly to the floor.  If you go the fixed seat route, consider also installing the flat firewall kit with quick access hatch to get to the engine without having to remove the seats!

For long legs you can space the pedal plate forward into the front trunk by up to 2" without too much difficulty (eventually the brake booster hits the front trunk lid), I have a 1-inch spacer in the GT5.

As Chuck originally stated the later 9000 series cars with Embo chassis' have a lower floor pan throughout by about 2 inches.

Julian