[DeTomaso] Anyone of 6ft 4 in a Pantera ?

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 15 11:31:06 EST 2021

Hey all, I am 6' one inch and I fit very comfortably in the original 1971 seats. What I 'did' do and which helped me greatly fitting in the car  was to remove all the spacers from the back of the seat which helps give you the most headroom. I also added extra spacers to the front of the seat which gives the seat a backward rake and gives much better support. That is a 1000% better than sitting in those seats where the bottom was parallel with the floor board.  Have you ever seen a good driving or racing seat where the bottom was flat and not raked backwards? Certainly not me! Although a little hard, I love the original seats now both in looks 'and' support.MarshallSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Larry Stock <larrys at panteraparts.com> Date: 2/15/21  8:15 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Patrick HALS <patrickhals at gmail.com>, detomaso at server.detomasolist.com Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Anyone of 6ft 4 in a Pantera ? Patrick,I'm 6'2" and I almost fit in the 71 seat without any bottom padding, in a 72 or later seat, my head is brushing the headliner continuously. So I would say YES.Larry StockOn 2/15/21, 5:45 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Patrick HALS" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of patrickhals at gmail.com> wrote:       Has anyone with a size of 6 foot 4 inches ever driven a Pantera ?A       Do you need to lower the floors ?A       Thank you ( for a friendA )       Patrick       Candy 2862-ADA 9628    _______________________________________________    Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA    Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes    DeTomaso mailing list    DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com    http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso    To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.    Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages._______________________________________________Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCAPosted emails must not exceed 1.5 MegabytesDeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at server.detomasolist.comhttp://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomasoTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
-------------- next part --------------
   Hey all,

    I am 6' one inch and I fit very comfortably in the original 1971
   seats. What I 'did' do and which helped me greatly fitting in the car
   was to remove all the spacers from the back of the seat which helps
   give you the most headroom. I also added extra spacers to the front of
   the seat which gives the seat a backward rake and gives much better
   support. That is a 1000% better than sitting in those seats where the
   bottom was parallel with the floor board.

    Have you ever seen a good driving or racing seat where the bottom was
   flat and not raked backwards? Certainly not me!

    Although a little hard, I love the original seats now both in looks
   'and' support.

   Marshall

   etc.) use the links above.