[DeTomaso] Gr4 Pantera at Le Mans video

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 12:22:47 EST 2021

Hi Jack,
I think you’re right.  The hood was stock and not vented.
Michael

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 31, 2021, at 4:51 PM, jderyke at aol.com wrote:

I suspect any small speed increase will be due to smoothed airflow over the top of an unlatched hood and over the roof, not so much from increased airflow thru the grille & radiator, then somehow over the weatherstripped front trunk bulkhead and out the rear of the hood. It may be the reverse with vented Sunbeam Tiger LA front hoods.

Remember those early comments on windshield wiper lift over 140 mph with stock Panteras, and the Gr-3 (& Hall Pantera) anti-lift wiper accessories to prevent this? That same lift-from-air-flow seems to be pulling up on the front hood. Michael, who made your current front hood? Does it have vents?
Curious- J DeRyke