[DeTomaso] "Looseness" between 1st gear vs reverse

Konrad Szwab kszwab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:00:36 EST 2021

So today when driving back from the mechanic (we replaced the brake
sensor), by mistake when I downshifted into second gear I did it a bit
rough (was going faster than I should and maybe I should have shifted into
third).

Now when I do reverse there is a bit of play/clack or when I shift from
neutral to first gear. If it had a driveshaft or a transmission mount feels
like either a loose cardanic joint on the driveshaft or a broken
transmission mount.

What could I have damaged in my masterful downshifting ? I see no leaks.
Some damage to the ZF or maybe a mount or the half shafts ? I drove it up
to 100 MPH and all feels fine except for that "looseness" when doing the
reverse/1st gear/reverse routine...

Thanks,

Konrad