[DeTomaso] What is the tube on the left side of this Pantera lower cowling

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 17:54:12 EDT 2021

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203311639986?hash=item2f56516db2:g:eBEAAOSwO5Vd6Ci-

If you look at this cowling tray for sale on Ebay, there is a tube coming
out about a third of the way from the left, what would be the right bottom
when installed in the car.  What is this for?  I have the same tube on #6328
with the other end of the tube open inside the cowling.  Is this a fresh air
intake?  Was it attached to anything such as a tube or a shutoff valve?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Thanks

Mike Thomas