[DeTomaso] One overlooked Pantera sale

Erik Kolstoe ekolstoe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:25:12 EDT 2021

>From a buyer's perspective, I do not see the attraction of auctions at all.
I'm still completely baffled by all the buzz around them. There is nothing
in it except to drive the price up. Most of the time, you don't get to
thoroughly inspect or drive the car. Totally relying on an unknown peanut
gallery of folks on the internet, digital photos and questionable videos,
or to an auction house.

I personally prefer the old fashioned way. Have an honest discussion with
someone in person, drive the car and make a reasonable offer that they
either take or don't take, shake hands and be pleased with the effort you
put into it.

my 2 cents...I must be getting old 😂

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 1:56 PM Steve Lisa <stevelisa at patentit.com> wrote:

> [...]
>      A  A >A  A world
>      A  A >>A  a favor and buy one already done like this. This looks
>      like a
>      A  A >A  A really
>      A  A >>A  nice car, one that you would likely really enjoy, Mister
>      Widebody.
>      A  A >A  A And
>      A  A >>A  it would preserve an unmolested car for the much larger
>      (and
>      A  A >>A  deep-pocketed) narrow body crowd. In fact, if you chose
>      not to hack
>      A  A >>A  your car and instead sold it and bought one already done,
>      you would
>      A  A >>A  likely achieve happiness and have an extra $20-30k in your
>      pocket!
>      A  A >>A  Mike
>      A  A >>A  Sent from my iPad
>      A  A >>
>      A  A >> References
>      A  A >>
>      A  A >>A  1.
>      A  A >A
>      A [1][15]https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0821-481041/1972-detomaso-pant
>      era/
>      A  A >> _______________________________________________
>      A  A >>
>      A  A >>
>      A  A >> Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
>      A  A >> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
>      A  A >> DeTomaso mailing list
>      A  A >> [16]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
>      A  A >>
>      [2][17]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso
>      A  A >>
>      A  A >> To manage your subscription (change email address,
>      unsubscribe,
>      A  A etc.)
>      A  A >A  A use the links above.
>      A  A >>
>      A  A >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
>      forward
>      A  A >A  A any message posted here to all past, current, or future
>      members of
>      A  A the
>      A  A >A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to
>      maintain an
>      A  A archive
>      A  A >A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.
>      A  A >
>      A  A > References
>      A  A >
>      A  A >A  A 1.
>      A [1][18]https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0821-481041/1972-detomaso-pant
>      era/
>      A  A >A  A 2.
>      References
>      A  A 1.
>      [20]https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0821-481041/1972-detomaso-pantera/
>      etc.) use the links above.
>      Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
>      any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
>      the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
>      archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

-------------- next part --------------
   From a buyer's perspective, I do not see the attraction of auctions at
   all. I'm still completelyA baffled by all the buzz around them. There
   is nothing in it except to drive the price up. Most of the time, you
   don't get to thoroughly inspect or drive the car. Totally relying on an
   unknownA peanut gallery of folks on the internet, digital photos and
   questionable videos, or to an auction house.
   I personally prefer the old fashioned way. Have an honest discussion
   with someone in person, drive the car and make a reasonable offer that
   they either take or don't take, shake hands and be pleased with the
   effort you put into it.
   my 2 cents...I must be getting oldA d-

   On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 1:56 PM Steve Lisa <[1]stevelisa at patentit.com>