[DeTomaso] VIN

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 01:58:17 EDT 2021

Richard,

Not a discrepancy at all. If you decode your own VIN you will find exactly the same phenomenon.

The letters in the VIN break down when the car build was STARTED. The white tag shows when it was completed.

There were a very few months where the production line was humming and both were the same (my July ‘72 car for instance). Most cars have a 1-2 month split between start and finish, while some ‘74 cars have as much as 5-6 months.

Mike

Sent from my iPad