[DeTomaso] To Drop or Not to Drop

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Wed Apr 28 14:18:29 EDT 2021

Dear Mike,

              Ah, an opinion question.

             I am 6'4" and have just enough head room in both Panteras with
modifications that do not include lowering the floor pan. Decades ago, I got
to sit in a GT5.  I remarked to the owner that it was so much roomier than
standard Panteras and he pointed out the factory dropped floor pans.   I was
impressed by the improvement.  I would say that it will give you more room
and comfort.  Should you ever want to take to the track, the extra room for
the helmet is a plus. You'll have more choices of seats.  Finally, there is
no better time to do it than while the car is on the rotisserie.

                               Warmest regards, Chuck Engles