[DeTomaso] Comments or options on Bring a Trailer

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 11:41:06 EDT 2021

Not sure what to say on your listing application for the orange Pantera.  Taking a look at listing history for Panteras the range, save for a few outliers, is from the low $40's to the mid-$110's, with a huge range in spec and condition.   https://bringatrailer.com/detomaso/pantera/.  The last three orange '74's sold for $70, $127 and $132 with the last two in pristine condition.  These sales were not that long ago so I'm not sure why they're saying the market has gone soft that quickly.

Not direct comment on selling a Pantera but I had a very good experience with BaT selling my '94 F250.  The process does take some time, and as they are becoming more popular, they are getting swamped with inputs and it's taking longer to process each application.  My time line was roughly as follows: Two weeks after submittal to be accepted, 3 weeks to polish the listing and go live, 7 day listing, sold on March 2nd, 2 weeks for the carrier contracted through BaT shipping to retrieve the truck.  Up to some wrinkles in the newly established BaT Shipping service, everything went very smooth and was handled very professionally.

That said, GLWTA, as they say.
Mike Thomas