[DeTomaso] Protective coatings

Bob rcbsons1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 13:58:37 EDT 2020

When at the Good Guys many years back
3m was passing out a spray paint coating
like plastic dip. (Comes off easy) and protects your paint.  You are supposed to leave it on for a limited time.  I just removed mine after having it installed for 8 years plus
It was on the front 16” of my car. The paint cane off fairly easy with Goof Off.  Areas underneath were not damaged by the coating.  There are a few rough spots that were created by full on Race Slick cars in front of me at track speeds.  Biggest issue was i installed a vinyl trim on the edges as the material is hard to make a clean line when spraying   You tape it and the tape pulls the edges
The vinyl edging made an indent line in the paint.  So was thinking of black or carbon vinyl this time

Bob Benson
Sent from my iPhone