[DeTomaso] Led headlamps...

Fred Foreman fred4man at att.net
Sun Sep 13 15:22:04 EDT 2020

The Pantera's wiring for a sealed bean headlight uses the same connector configuration as the H-4 bulb uses.  Installing Cibie housings with H-4 bulbs in place of my 7" sealed beams was Plug N' Play.   In an earlier post referring to someone's forum posing of several connector diagrams, those diagrams indicated the same thing.  A word of caution - using an H-4 LED bulb in an H-4 housing will most likely not deliver good results.  H-4 reflectors are designed for H-4 bulbs and have a very precise position of the light bulb's filament.  LED's by construction have relatively large light emitting surfaces and the housing will not be able to focus the light correctly.

But - using a housing assembly designed for LEDs, assuming that they are engineered correctly, could produce a good light.  I have no knowledge of the pin assignments for the various LED housings available.
Fred