[DeTomaso] Heater valve flare size?

Doug doug351c at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 20:11:03 EST 2020

What the heck?

I'm lookin' my 1973 Pantera heater valve's male flare which mates to the
heater core's 3/8" OD copper tubing.

What in the world plumbing standard does this flare size come from?  Maybe
Terry Himes can confirm that it's from Mars!

It's measures:

Flare angle: 45 degrees

Thread OD:  16.4mm / 0.645" .

Thread Pitch:  ~19.5 TPI / ~1.3mm

A 45 degree SAE 3/8" Flare is 5/8-18 thread.  Close, but no cigar.

--
https://www.avg.com