[DeTomaso] Wiper Switch Bulb Replacement

dennis617 at aol.com dennis617 at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 12:42:13 EST 2020

Bill,

I used this procedure and it worked great.  My only comments would be that when changing the wiper switch bulb, due to the additional wires, you cannot angle the switch enough to clear the bulb holder with the dash.  To help with this I removed the washer switch and then I was able to first push the bulb holder through the dash in position just above the switch and with the other opening next to it I was able to pull the string and use my fingers at the same time to slide the holder onto the switch and slide the bulb in at the same time.  Replacing the wiper switch is relatively easy since you can tip it up sufficiently to clear the dash.  My only other suggestion is to use waxed dental floss instead of string.  Its very strong and it will slide right out when you're through.  Thanks again for forwarding the info.

Dennis