[DeTomaso] Pantera AmeriSport GT5S 1987 Parts Info Request - Montana 5/18/20

Montana K.M. montana at montanas.com
Mon May 18 13:16:39 EDT 2020

5/18/20
Pantera AmeriSport GT5S 1987 Parts Info Request:
Ser #: 1A9PN8740HD111017
Needing Replacement or Rebuild Info of Master Brake Cylinder. Car is
original and completely stock.
Thanks for any information or part availability.
Ken Montana
228-832-1313 / montana at montanas.com
Biloxi, MS area

Mike Drew sent me the following info and has been a great source of info as
usual.
As for the master cylinder, the question is not easily answered. The later
cars like yours used a Bonaldi master that was externally identical to that
of the early cars but with a larger-diameter bore. Thus the standard
replacement Pantera master cylinder will not work.

The early master was 23mm and the GT5 series use 25mm bores.
I THINK but don't know for sure that the one you need is shared with the
later Ferrari Testarossa (512TR)
Looking around at Ferrari parts sources it seems the Testarossa uses a
1-inch master which is right at 25mm. I see them listed for sale here in
England:
http://www.superformance.co.uk/flat12/brakes.html
You could probably find a Testarossa master cylinder here easily enough.
Here is one on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FERRARI-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-NEW-365-512-TESTAROSS
A-144931-/362287026480
And from another seller: