[DeTomaso] Pantera Won't Start but has fuel, spark, good timing etc. Baffled and need Advice

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Sat May 16 22:57:55 EDT 2020

Mike,
Ah yes, now I see!  Yes, that is EXACTLY what the problem must be--faulty ignition switch that only allows the ignition to work when the switch is in the spring-loaded 'start' position but not the 'run' position.
I completely failed to interpret what he wrote correctly.  My bad!
Fortunately, the problem is almost always not with the entire switch, but rather with just the electrical portion of the switch, which can easily be swapped out.  I think Steve Liebenow and Larry Finch have electrical halves of the switch available.
Thanks for the correction Mike! :>)