[DeTomaso] Pantera Won't Start but has fuel, spark, good timing etc. Baffled and need Advice

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Sat May 16 22:05:27 EDT 2020

How far off does the timing have to be before you no longer get any backfire while cranking ? I may be confused again, but it seems he has spark while cranking, thus cam is turning so should have air,  gas squirts at carburetor. So if gas at cylinder and spark at cylinder, shouldn't you get some type of back fire?

Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )