[DeTomaso] Car just quits

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sat May 9 08:27:01 EDT 2020

Agreed.

If you guys recall, I tested this once in Houston.  My car would die under heavy braking.  I tried it once in the industrial area by my house with the air cleaner removed.  When I hit the brakes, fuel gushed out of the rear booster.  It was pretty obvious, looking through the rear window.

I tried lowering the fuel in the rear bowl as much as I could, but it still died under heavy braking.  It didn't get better until I leveled the carburetor with an angled spacer.  Remember, normal 351C engine are angled down at the back to give the trans more clearance.  When installed in the Pantera, which has no angle, the carburetor tilts forward at the front.