[DeTomaso] Car just quits

John Taphorn johnftaphorn at gmail.com
Sat May 9 08:15:21 EDT 2020

Fred

I would start with lowering fuel level in carb's rear float bowl.

Perhaps when stopping at the intersection, gas spilled from the
carb's float bowl into the venturies flooding the engine.  With the
throttle closed the mixture was too rich to ignite.  When you pressed the
throttle and opened the carb's butterfies, air entered the
combustion chamber providing a leaner mixture that could ignite. My
hypothesis.

JT

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 11:16 PM Mike Drew via DeTomaso <