[DeTomaso] Engine cover

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 18:58:35 EDT 2020

That would be good for fast removal and install. But I started out with a major problem of seat removal.

My seat tracks were warped and I could not get seats moved to remove nuts .... thus cut the nuts off under car .... then got rid of the 3/8 thick spacers .... tack welded tracks to strips of 3/8 flat stock ... trimmed carpet for flat stock clearance. I have 3/8-16 nuts tacked to the rails and bolts up through floor from under car ( star washers and silicone ). This also gives more under car clearance of the dropped floor pans. I use bolts with head removed and a screw driver slot cut in place of heads. I thread these into tracks, set seat into place, remove slotted bolts one at a time and install bolt, washer and silicone from under side of car.

I installed a roll bar to pass SORC tech 105 class. This makes bulk head panel impossible to fit.. and my engine cover is now in two pieces to allow removal with roll bar installed. The top two cover holes fit over preinstalled studs as clearance to roll bar a problem... I still have not gotten upholstery cover of bulkhead figured out ...

Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )