[DeTomaso] Engine cover

Jack Donahue demongusta at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:22:24 EDT 2020

Been reading the "ever-lasting" thread on these engine cover emails. Here’s what I did 10 years ago and been thoroughly happy ever since:
Get rid of the old square nuts, grind off their carriers, drill the holes to accept an 8mm allen-head stud (of varying lengths), and use clip-on capture nuts to accept the 8mm studs. I did the same with the seats, running the 8mm allen-heads up from the bottom of the car and now act as locating pins for the seat railings with acorn nuts on the inside. Now, I can remove the seats and engine cover with the same electric screwdriver and be looking at the engine in less than 5 minutes. It’s very slick

> On May 7, 2020, at 12:37 PM, B Hower via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>
>   For clarity .... I had to send a second email to explain that my note
>   attached to the nut said Pantera NOT .... so actually I do not know
>   where that nut came from .... I may be able to get one form 3400 as
>   cover is off ... I think we got rained out of our farm yard tree clean
>   up job .. So will later check on nuts installed in Lolita to see if I
>   can get a true measurement. I am sorry for any confusion I may have
>   caused.
>   Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be
>   ! )
>
>   On Thursday, May 7, 2020, 11:45:41 AM CDT, Larry Finch via DeTomaso
>   <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>   Mike,
>   In the archives, which is how I view the emails, is this email from
>   Bud. Did you not receive this? As they say, perhaps check your spam or
>   junk mailbox?
>   Larry
>   Sent from me using a magic, handheld electronic gizmo.
>   use the links above.
>   Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any
>   message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the
>   list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive
>   or approve the archiving of list messages.
>
> References
>
>   1. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com

   Been reading the "ever-lasting" thread on these engine cover emails.
   Here's what I did 10 years ago and been thoroughly happy ever since:

   Get rid of the old square nuts, grind off their carriers, drill the
   holes to accept an 8mm allen-head stud (of varying lengths), and use
   clip-on capture nuts to accept the 8mm studs. I did the same with the
   seats, running the 8mm allen-heads up from the bottom of the car and
   now act as locating pins for the seat railings with acorn nuts on the
   inside. Now, I can remove the seats and engine cover with the same
   electric screwdriver and be looking at the engine in less than 5
   minutes. It's very slick

     use the links above.
   any