[DeTomaso] Dash Removal

steve at snclocks.com steve at snclocks.com
Mon May 4 15:42:52 EDT 2020

It is amusing how, when you go through the interior and install new leather,
something else decides it wants attention.  In this way, a car is like our
cats - pet one, and another will demand attention.

Not sure why, but the blower fan now only wants to start up it one taps it
gently.  Or spins the squirrel cages.  Likely a problem with the motor
brushes.  Which, from what I read, means pulling the dash.  So, any words of
wisdom on pulling the dash?  Our car is a '73, single pod car, serial 5332.
>From what I read online it sounds like earlier dashes had screws that were
accessible through the glove-box and above the tach/speedo.  I can't see
anything above the glove box, and it seems like the passenger side of the
dash is pretty loose after removing the slotted screw on the end of the
dash, as well as the screw below the end of the dash and the one connecting
to the center console.  If these three screws are removed on the drivers
side, and if I drop the steering column, will the dash be loose?

Stephen Nelson