[DeTomaso] Techno Question: installation of sway bars

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Wed Feb 26 22:03:42 EST 2020

Dear Forum,

                 There I was facing a re-installation of a rear GTS sway bar
with poly bushings and sphereball A-arm mounts.   My first thought was this
should go along quickly.   Then things quickly went the way of all the
previous procedures.  What looks and seems simple deteriorates into a long
series of back&forth fiddly sequences to slowly bring all the parts of the
sway bar into position and alignment and get all the bolts threaded, etc,
etc.

                 Then once all that is done, you don't tighten it all up and
call it a day, you leave it loose, come off the jack stands and let the
suspension settle.   Then tighten up the sway bar.

                  It occurred to me that perhaps, I have been doing it
wrong.  Perhaps there is a *good* and *simple* method that I am ignorant of.

                  Is there a better way to wrestle the sway bar into
position??

                              Curious and philosophical,  Chuck Engles

              Follow up of the engine hatch in the bulkhead and weather
stripping.   Bill Gaino and Tom Galli both recommended butyl rubber
windshield sealant.  I found mine at NAPA  #MS-4195.    A big roll that will
do two or three hatches was $22.00.    Sticky and malleable and good.