[DeTomaso] Stiff clutch diagnosed - WTF?!

FAITH MCCALL rfmccall at comcast.net
Mon Feb 24 08:06:53 EST 2020

Mike,

Those McLoed release bearings are very nice but have one flaw. There is no grease retention groove inside the
center bore of the retainer . If you look at the stock version, there is a ,roughly, 1/4" wide groove machined onto
the bore to retain a small amount of lube . I had a few pf these fail before I noticed the problem. I always chuck
the new retainer up in the lathe and cut a  groove into it. No issues for multiple years. Without the groove, the retainer
has a tendency to gall onto the guide tube on the trans and cause exactly the issue that you describe. .

Ron McCall

   Our email address has changed: Please use [1] [4]mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
   for

   all new messages, thanks!