[DeTomaso] Join the modern day music, news, etc. World

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Wed Feb 19 15:57:29 EST 2020

All,

Sorry for being a little late to this, and perhaps this has already been
said.  I thought I would share my set up, for what it is worth.

My "road trip" car is a 2007 Maserati Quattroporte with no Bluetooth or
"audio in" port, but a nice speaker/amp system.  I also own a garage full
of older sports cars and several tow vehicles for the race team, none of
which have modern Bluetooth systems.  So, road trip music (and news) was
limited.  My wife has a more modern Cadillac SRX with Sirius satellite,
which is great, and I miss it when I travel.  So I researched a solution to
make things work in the Quattroporte. and the various tow vehicles, I did
the following:

   1. I already am an Amazon Prime member but have paid extra for Music
   Unlimited (https://www.amazon.com/music/unlimited) for a long time.
   With Amazon Music unlimited, we enjoy unlimited music requests at home and
   on our phones. I have the Amazon Music app on my phone (with virtually
   unlimited music and music downloads).
   2. I purchased a Sprint Drive hotspot -
   https://www.tomsguide.com/us/sprint-drive,review-5992.html.  My service
   fee (after paying off the dongle) is $5 per month for 2 GB of high-speed
   data (unlimited but throttled after that).  I bought it when it first came
   out with a low price and a low monthly fee.  I am not sure if it is still
   available at the discounted price.  I have never gone over 2 GB of data on
   the Sprint Drive.  The dongle/hot spot can also go into any of my vehicles
   with an OBD-II sensor, including all our team's various tow vehicles.
   3. I purchased an Amazon Alexa Auto for $29.00.  It can go into any of
   our cars, including our team's tow vehicles (some of which have primitive
   audio systems).   It requires a USB charger.  It will connect to phones via
   an audio jack (now uncommon on newer smartphones) or via Bluetooth.
   4. I purchased a Nulaxy Bluetooth  Car FM Transmitter Audio Adaptor on
   Amazon for $17 -
   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018E0I01I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
   I am sure there others, but this one had tons of good reviews and worked
   quite well, and includes one USB outlet.  I have it paired to the FM Radio
   at 89.7 (an unused channel).  This as well can go into any of our vehicles
   with a cigarette outlet and FM Radio (i.e., all of them).
   5. My phone is a Google Nexus 3 with Google Fi service, but no audio
   jack.  I used to have Sprint, but its service was not great in the remote
   areas, so I switched to the Nexus and Google Fi service.  So far so good.
   The phone is paired to the Nulaxy via Bluetooth, to Alexa Auto via
   Bluetooth and to the Sprint Drive via Wifi.
   6. As long as my phone has data via *either* the Sprint Drive cellular
   or Google Fi cellular, Alexa auto works just like in your home.  Ask
   questions, listen to talk shows, make calls, etc.  However, if *both* the
   Sprint Drive and my phone don't have access to data, then Alexa stops and
   waits for the phone to get data through one of the two sources.
   7. In the occasional period that I don't have either Sprint Drive or
   Google Fi Cellular Data, I switch to my phone's Amazon Music unlimited ap
   and listen to my downloaded playlists, albums, etc.
   8. All the above works without the Sprint Drive -- but with slightly
   less coverage.  I use the Sprint Drive as well because it provides some
   extra data for me when the crew is traveling across the country --
   including automotive system status, tracking etc.  See the link above for
   the various Sprint Drive features and whether it is worth it at today's
   price.
   9. The above system transfers from vehicle to vehicle, but for any of
   the older ones without OBD-II - -I obviously skip the Sprint Drive.

So far, I have been pretty happy with it. Hope the above helps.

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
*The Law Offices of Lisa & Lesko, LLC*
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 480-442-0297

www.PatentIt.com <http://www.patentit.com/>

*Scottsdale Office* | *P*: 480.535.6656  |  *F:* 480.535.6628  |  *A:* 7689
East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

*Chicago Office *|* P:* 312.752.4357  |  *F:* 312.896.5633  |  *A:* 55 E.
Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
This email is intended only for the recipient above and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 12:46 PM Laurie Ferrari via DeTomaso <