[DeTomaso] 7.3 Godzilla Swap?

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Sun Feb 9 15:36:42 EST 2020

I love you Julian, pin the thumbtack in the center of the bullseye.
Larry

On 2/9/20, 9:49 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Julian Kift" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

       I saw this link doing the rounds on Facebook.

       I know Pantera owners are renowned for modifications, but my first
       thought was why do this when there are significantly better engines
       available? Heck even a built Cleveland is surely better than this boat
       anchor of an engine that comes out the box with 430hp and 475 ft/lbs
       torque. Perhaps the aftermarket will embrace it and develop performance
       parts to move that needle to the 600hp mark, but a normally aspirated
       aluminator crate engine is 580hp out of the box already!

       I had to further chuckle at the comment that the added weight wouldn't
       really matter in a Pantera as a) the engine is between the axles and b)
       the Pantera was such a handful to drive anyway, so implying you can't
       screw it up any further! At this point I started to wonder whether Mr.
       Finkel has actually driven, or perhaps seen a Pantera! So I had to look
       up who this weekend contributor at Jalopnik is; clearly he is highly
       knowledgeable auto aficionado with an automotive journalism career
       dating all the way back to Aug 2019.... that coupled with a highly
       valued Bachelor of Arts degree in US History, where I can only
       postulate his courses focused on the finery's and historical importance
       of US delivered automobiles!

       Julian