[DeTomaso] Another Pantera up for sale

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Dec 22 15:19:26 EST 2020

All,

2511 is a January 1972 car and was originally equipped with the rear ZF attachment mount. When purchased it still had the rear mount and auxiliary side mounts from Dennis Quella, made out of 1/8 inch thick stainless steel plate.

When I upgraded to a newer AC condenser I found the rear mount in conflict and removed it. The thin stainless steel side mounts worked fine in an auxiliary role, but soon showed stress cracks and I converted to a custom side mount system fabricated by Mark Johnson at IPSCO.

More recently, during collision repairs I had 2511 upgraded to the stock side mounts using the removable bracket version that was used on the later 9000 series cars.

Removal of the ZF is much easier when removable chassis mount brackets are utilized.