[DeTomaso] Blacking out chrome trim

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 16 12:25:59 EDT 2020

I’m planning to black out the chrome (stainless) trim on 6643.  I’ve done this on other cars
before, but it was a long time ago.  Does anyone have any favorite new products or procedures?
I’ve always just scuffed with ScotchBrite and cleaned before using a satin black paint.  That
didn’t harm anything or make it irreversible.  Has anybody used a etch primer?
Anyway, thanks for any ideas or products.
Michael